The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

No Zombie Librarian

Working away this morning I happened to hear the announcement that costumes would not be allowed at school on Friday to maintain our learning environment. Ah, oh. I asked, but yes, that meant me too. No dressing as a zombie librarian to do booktalks. Oh crum. At least I don't have to worry about a costume...but I'll try to spin it somehow! Shelved more non-fiction today, down to just the 800's and 900's. I may get some special monies to beef up our biography section! That would be sweet! Our kids do a unit on them and we really need some new up to date books on current people. So, I worked on lists of current important people (most were celebrities it seemed like) and started my list of who I thought we might buy if that does come through. Quite the slow day today, only two classes in using the computer lab and then just random students coming in to look for books. Started to clean out my box area. I have so many great boxes from all the math books, I'm going to get rid of the others, so I started to work on that today. Laminated some things. Helped students look for books. At the end of the day I had Ms. P bring me a bunch of book posters her students had made and I put them up all over the library. I tried to keep them about where the book would be for the most part, but it'll be fun to have them up for the rest of the week!

No comments: