The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Zombook

Had a great day today doing book talks. I tried to make out that I was a reformed zombie librarian. That brains on video games and couches were just not the best eating, but brains that had done a lot of reading were so much better, and if you turn to books, why that was so much cleaner and neater and why be so messy when you could just read books yourself?! I did five booktalks and they were about half an hour each (maybe a bit more??) though I had said they were only going to be 15 to 20. I had so much fun talking about the books and the students were so excited about some of them. The teachers were very supportive and told me the kids were totally loved in to it and talked about which books they loved after I had left. I loved going out and seeing them out in their rooms. I don't get to do that very often, so it was really fun. I basically had to close the library while I was gone and in between talks checked out and in books. Had both lunches in today and let them on the computers since it was Friday. I went to find our latest books to fill up my new rack, and they were all checked out but one! I had to go back to a later list to find some books to put on there. Pulled down the posters I had put up on Tuesday. Cleaned everything up for the weekend. Put the garbage out and put in new liners. Got approval to have an eBook club. Loved being out with the students today. Poured outside the windows all day. Loved today. Have I mentioned that I love my job?

No comments: