The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

EleCam

Today I read to all my classes Tarra and Bella. I looked up their website and saw they had 'EleCams' for people to watch the elephants, so I dedicated a library computer to the live feed from the cams. It was so cool! I think the kids really enjoyed seeing the elephants we had just talked about! Really a nice treat for them and me too! Had my LLI group and I focused on one of the kids with his reading, I don't really see any improvement. Not sure what's going on, but we'll discuss it all on Monday. Then back to the library and some shelving and organizing. Had my three classes and they all loved the EleCam. One time was an elephant in a pond, another one just standing by the road swaying with her trunk. Another one had two elephants by one of the barns. Very cool! Then my lunch and out to the cafeteria. I thought it was funny that I'm reading The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo at the moment! Since I was doing stuff on elephants. Then into the library for half an hour, then up to Mrs. M's room. We are very sad that the kid Mrs. L works with is moving and she won't be here anymore :(  Went and looked up a movie for Mrs. M, then back down to the library for my last class of the day. Then back up to Mrs. M's and I worked on the word sorts. Back down to the library and we had a staff meeting for the rest of the afternoon so I didn't get any library work done this afternoon. It's a real mess, like a herd of elephants have been in there. 

No comments: