The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Destroyed

Had my aides today work on their shelving test. Checked in and out various items, but it was pretty quiet. Worked through the weeding that was left and got about a third of the items 'destroyed' that were on one cart. Have another box of stuff to destroy tomorrow. I'll have the aides mark out the barcodes for me tomorrow. Had another student work off their fine today, so that makes two this week! Another student paid for his lost book. Had a box of books that were from a classroom to be given away so I put them out for the kids to look at and take if they would like. Another box had spanish titles in it, so I need to contact that teacher to see if she would like them. Getting more stuff cleaned up. Sent an email to our textbook guy to see if he could speed up with getting stuff cleared to ship out. I have a ton of stuff and we usually have a pick up before winter break, so it would be nice to have them all deleted, packed and ready to go before then. Boxed up some items to process at LMSS. Beautiful clouds rolled slowly by my windows today, and saw a bit of rain here and there. We all really need the rain, so that was good. 

No comments: