The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, September 26, 2014

Volunteer Packing

One of our staff had a son who needs to do some volunteering, so I set him to work today packing and getting barcodes off the of some of our old textbooks I took off the top of the library shelving earlier this year. I had him unbox, scan the barcode, rebox with packing and tape up the boxes so they are all ready to go. Took him three hours, but he did a great job. Packed up some more document cameras today and an old overhead projector that only has the bottom anymore. Cleaned out old pictorial directories from 2001-5. I felt funny just putting them into our recycler so I ended up putting them in a secure container. All those pictures of kids, it just seemed the right thing to do. Checked in and out today, it was pretty quiet in there. Answered emails, talked with LMSS. Talked to our Follett Rep who is new as well as me. She sent me all her contact info, so that'll be good to have. Library looked pretty good tonight, having my aides do their sections seems to be working pretty well. Off to Seattle to help with granddaughters!

No comments: