The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Shove, shove

Today I worked on cleaning stuff up. It will take awhile, but as I was putting boxes away for the new English curriculum, a lady came in and took them for teachers in other buildings who needed them. Then, of course, I opened mail finally this afternoon and there were books in the mail that belong to the boxes! I've had them all about a week, argh! Deleted a ton of emails from last June and over the summer. Really needed to clean that up. Had a teacher come in looking for Go Ask Alice, and we didn't have a copy of that, so I suggested Crank, which we do have a copy of and she took it with her.  A better pick for this generation too I thought. Took a bunch of teacher resources from 2000 and put them in the cookie room (used to be a textbook room!). Cleaned a cart off of stuff that a teacher had cleaned out her classroom. Sorted through and kept some, the others went in the surplus box. Still no CPM math books!! Frustrating for teachers and me. Had another teacher looking for an 8th grade lit book and found some in the back. She was happy about that. Checked out books to teachers. The copier kept running out of paper, I put at least 4 reams of paper in it today. Didn't really see any kids today, but they were there. Tomorrow everyone comes back, so it'll be crazy!

No comments: