The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Konditeroi's

A crazy day but my hubby took me to Konditeroi's for some cake tonight. Came in and got the computers set up for the OAKS testing. Then off to LLI for our Monday meeting. I am getting a lower group this week and starting to do running records, which I still don't really know how to do, but it seems that they just throw you in and hope it works out in the end. Makes me a bit sad, but that's what I have to deal with. I do my best. Back to the library and getting ready for my class that comes in right after lunch. I ran their bookmarks off the class list and checked who could check out books and who couldn't and ran letters for the ones who need to take care of books. Then it was time to go up to Mrs. M's class. I helped staple stuff and then the kids came back and I worked with a reading group. One of them was way off, but soon it was time for me to go to lunch. Then cafeteria duty and back quick to Mrs. L's class. They brought in their books as they came in, so I had to check them in and filter out the bookmarks for the kids that could now check out. Then some shelving before back up to Mrs. M's class. The kids were working on what they wanted to be when they grew up, then snacks, then I took a group into the computer lab and they did sumdog while a couple had to finish some paper work. Then back down to the library. Shut off the monitors, ran reports for books out for the teachers, did an April Bush Leaves. Got a bit more shelving done. Had a mom bring in money to pay off a book. Then home to run (and then to eat yummy Tuxedo cake - in celebration of my hubby's getting a work trip to Tiger Jam in Vegas!).

No comments: