The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, April 20, 2020

And a Gracious Good Morning

If you guessed Lily Tomlin as the phone operator, Huzzah! I sent the 'plan' I drew up of the library change for science to our premiere science teacher Mr. R. I also copied Ms. M on it as well, so she'd know I sent it out. She got back to us and asked the science team to look it over and decide if that was something they wanted to look at or not. I sent out the Monday Book Talk to Language Arts, the A Girl on Schindler's List book. Every story is important, and I thought the parallels of when a dictator comes in and attacks against our own COVID virus might be interesting. I checked out the YALLSTAYHOME book festival page and found a workshop for shop teachers that I sent on to our Industrial Tech teacher. I'm waffling on signing up for anything since it's over the weekend, but I may for the PJ Cosplay, such great authors. Helped out our counselor. He called on the Team app and we couldn't talk at first, then he called again and we got together. It's for a new student that is just coming in, so we found where to log him into and how to log in and we'll go from there. Did sign up for the PJ Cosplay! And the opening keynote. Time for the staff meeting. And sending out from our LMSS office the good news that MackinVIA is giving us free ebook access to over 3,700 titles for a month. That should help some of our students! Trying to set up a YouTube account for book talks, and it really isn't making much sense. Well, I'm a bit protective and don't want to give my phone out. So, maybe not so good. But at the same time, if anyone can do a YouTube video, I should be able to as well. Not sure if Flipgrid is the way I want to go. Finally got to see the recording of the Live event with our Superintendent that was on Friday. I was very frustrated I couldn't get on, though I tried three different ways. Glad she reminded me that technology is not always going to work! Amen! And later...I got a message from a teacher that my 1st period aide does not have a digital planner! Oh my, totally forgot that they do not have another 1st period class! So I had made a copy and shared that with that student. Hopefully, they got it! I'll find out tomorrow!

No comments: