The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Hottest Graphic Novels

Today I looked at my Teams calendar to see that I have a webcast at 11. Nice. Hottest Graphic Novels for Spring 2020. I sent that out on our LMS Team chat in case anyone else wanted to hop on board with that. I have an IA meeting at 10, webcast at 11 and staff meeting at noon. Going through the classrooms I've been invited into to see assignments, and oh, look! A Google meet for 6th grade on Friday! Cool! 7th grade lit is on Thursdays at 1. System 44 is 10:30 on Mondays. Turning off notifications! Sooo many! Thanks Mr. R! Completed the staff wellness survey. Didn't answer some things because I'm not a teacher. Had our classified staff meeting. Lots of good interaction and ways to support our teachers and how to put that onto our Google docs. Now onto my webinar on the newest graphic novels! Argh! Just lost all my notes from this point. Now to rewrite. Loved the webinar and got some great titles I need to purchase for my school. Then we had our optional staff meeting, and I love that so many people attend. It shows such great community! Now I am reading a new book for booktalks, The Poison Eaters all about the Clean Food Bill and how that got passed. I already have some great ideas for a book talk, maybe I need to do more exploring with Flipgrid! I need a book talk for tomorrow, so I looked through book talks and found a favorite, Lucky Broken Girl. It's even narrated by Ruth Behar and has her in it! I love it! Back to reading and taking notes on Poison Eaters! I also got a meme site through one of the other LMA's that I pushed out to our staff. How to recognize the four points of a meme. Very well done! I must admit that I go for the emotional 'Oooooo, that's sweet' ones. Oh, and I need to listen to Ms. M and her principal message to parents. Well done Ms. M! You look like the calm voice of reason in a sea of uncertainty, guiding us through the waves. 

No comments: