The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Virtually Done

Middle School Magic virtual conference was all morning! Then our noon staff meeting. I'll be back later, probably tonight with more about the conference. After all that time sitting in front of my computer, I made the choice to walk over to the school and pack up the Book Fair since I didn't know if we'd be let back in after today. It's a little over three miles, a nice day and I cut through the neighborhoods to angle over to Leslie. There's a beautiful patch of forest and meadow I got to walk by that I felt I could just breathe, relax and take in this gorgeous space just a couple of blocks off one of our busiest streets. When I got to the school, one of our IA's was happy we met, she had taken one of the Chromebooks home before we left but didn't have the power cord, so I took her down to the library and yes, it was there in the cart! She was so happy. She also said they had just announced that the schools were closed for the rest of this school year. Oh my. I called my hubby and asked for him to bring the car so I could bring home my personal items. I had two pictures at least that would not be fun to walk home with and I could bring home a box of books for book talks! Yeah! I got the book fair all packed up and talked to our custodian on duty about the time frame, would they be there and how that would all work out, seems that it will be fine since custodial will be there. Hard to realize how much I miss our students, my aides, my online students for first period, my drop in students working on projects, even just standing in the halls during passing greeting students. I often dreaded having students in during lunches, because some of them really should have been outside, not using their energy in the library, but yes, I even miss them, the ones that were quiet, the Makerspace getting it out and cleaning up. I don't think I realized how much of my day was spent interacting with students. Feeling it. We'll make it through!  Be safe, be kind and keep reading!

No comments: