The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Write. Right. Rite.

Yes, the sun is out again today! Got two comments on my Restart Flipgrid, but I watch it and know I need to redo it. It will never be seen by the Language Arts group! Contacted the ladies who are at LMSS today to see if my order has come in. No, still in processing, but at least it's there! Before we left I got my budget and it was at $00.00! Perfect! Though I see on the order my DNE (Do Not Exceed) amount is $730.60, but the amount at Follett for it is $837.07. Sometimes LMSS will throw in a bit extra depending on their budget, so maybe the book fairy visited my account and threw in an extra $100! Could be! Now I'm going to look over my Follett inbox to look at a 500's list. There are a lot of good books in there. I just went over my summer list, and there were books in there that won't be published until after July 1st, so I took them off that list and made a new fall book order list and put them on there. Now to look at more new books that are coming on the scene to add to orders. I get a lot of emails from publishers that I actually have time to go through! I hate it when I find a great book but it's rated high school, This Boy by Lauren Myracle. All right. Went through lists of upcoming books and added some to my lists, my summer after July 1st and then the fall which will go out probably at the end of September. Had our Optional Staff Meeting and I must say I'm impressed with how many still show up, nearly our whole staff every day. I think it shows how much we need the connection to each other. I'm so excited that Jason Reynolds is the new National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature that is very cool! And he's doing writing prompts! His platform is to Write. Right. Rite. I'm excited! The one of 'create your own medal' was nice, but I love his 'create your own tattoo'! Because it's not the ink or where it is, but the story that is behind it. Very nice Jason! I sent links to my Language Arts teachers and put it on our LMA Teams webpage. I might have to write something myself! Now for the LMA meeting!

No comments: