The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Scattered

I can tell I am really scattered today. Flitting around my work email and Teams, I forgot to eat any breakfast (just downed a bar and half banana at 10:30). Attended a Team meeting on 7th graders. Sent out my book talk for today, Lucky Broken Girl, narrated and we even get to see the author, Ruth Behar who was, yes, a lucky broken girl, in a body cast for a year from the waist down! Wow. I hope the students like it. Put an ebook on hold from Salem Public Library just to see how that works in case students ask. Also pushed out a link to a site that has an interactive story with the holocaust to our social studies teachers from a Facebook post by a friend who is also a teacher. Maybe it's because it's raining?? Supposed to pour all day, though I just stepped out onto my deck to see how my bonsai were loving the rain, they do, they told me. Registered for a webinar on new books coming out for tomorrow, the webinar, not necessarily the books! Listened to the optional all staff meeting, got some good tips. Need to ask if I can do anything for the two teachers assigned to me. Sent that out to both of them. Checked the new slide show for electives since being a library aide is an elective and asked for the description to be changed a bit from: 'Help with shelving, cutting paper, and more!' to 'Learn checking in and out books and library practices!' or a shorter one since there isn't a lot of space: 'Learn checking in and out books and more!' I'm not sure I've ever checked the library aide description in the description of aiding before. Remembered Jason Reynolds and his WRR, so found the next (#3) writing prompt and sent that out to our Language Arts teachers.

No comments: