The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thought it was at 2

So, I had two meetings today and I thought one was at 2, but no, it's at 3! Oh well. So working on this instead. I attended at Webinar from Gale learning on using their school platforms. It has changed a bit, but it was only half an hour long, so they did a lot in just that half hour with high school programs and a bit on the elementary side. I started working on an email out to all our teachers on how to access that from our OSLIS page, but they also had a great page on how to teach from the corona side, and I can't find that web address and we're supposed to get that emailed to us, and I haven't gotten it yet. Then we had our staff meeting and I asked to talk about all our resources available and they let me come in and encourage our staff to use them and for staff to encourage our kids to use them. I also checked out our OSLIS news and they have a virtual summit coming up on April 8th, so I signed up for that and let our other LMA's know about it. Now, I thought our Bond work team was to meet at 2, but no, we are meeting at 3. I think when we set up the meeting, we thought we'd have to wait until school was out for the day. There is a place in Leslie's bond work to do some things in the library, and that's why I want to give some input! We had a great meeting online and I got to speak with several of the people involved in getting Leslie ready for their bond work. Our Director of Design and Construction, our Head of Construction and one of the architects! The scope of what they need to do is amazing and the library is just a small part of what all needs to be accomplished! I'm looking forward to seeing what the library will look like!

No comments: