The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, April 24, 2020

Wasn't Planning on It

Originally this was supposed to be just a half day, grading for teachers and for us, professional development. I guess that's not happening! So, I logged in today because it was our Language Arts 6th grade meet. All the 6th grade teachers and I met with about 26 students to talk poetry. It was fun. And the students were amazing! The poems they chose to share were incredible. Amazing, really. After the students left we talked about next week and what it would be like to live on another planet. So I'll pick out books like, Wrinkle in Time, Out of the Silent Planet (maybe? might be too advanced?) maybe The Little Prince? I have a meeting at noon now, so I think I'll look for books for a bit. I found a couple on the Axis360 eBooks - Last Day on Mars was fabulous! Then our optional staff meeting. Then our address by our superintendent, Christy Perry. Then I went for a walk! I have seminars tomorrow! So I'll make up time then.

No comments: