The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, April 27, 2020

Cloudy Day

Totally forgot to send a book talk on Friday, drats! So, I got up this morning and sent one of my favorite space reads, Last Day on Mars. I found one, and there ya go!  I decided I needed to try getting on our public library ebook bandwagon, so I requested a copy of Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and it arrived today, so I set up my iPad, requested the book. Was sent to Amazon, and viola! There it is on my iPad Kindle! I'm pretty stoked that I got it up and running. And now I can tell students how to access all that. Put in my notes from Saturday's YALLSTAYHOME book fest (love their banner!) We had a good first System 44 meet with a few of the students who managed to get on. We did a Madlib with them, adjectives, adverbs, nouns. The students did well and we had a good time. Was looking up book trailers for the Little Prince and found an awesome movie. I think if I watch it, I can pull some stuff out about the book on a Flipgrid without the movie tie in. Maybe... Big changes announced in our staff meeting, we had decided to go next year to a trimester, but no one is sure if we'll have the money now (after Covid) to have the extra staff to support it. I was looking forward to it, but now, it will not happen.

No comments: