The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Lilac Bonsai

I got a lovely lilac bonsai for my birthday and it's in bloom! So cute! I can see it out on our deck while I type. Last night I got a reminder that the AudioBookSync is out today, so I worked on a Flipgrid to show students how to access that. Rough, but well, I'm working on it! 

https://flipgrid.com/s/3e55afcae8ae

So, we'll see how that goes! I sent it off to the teachers. It took me awhile to get the code for just that video! Hopefully I'll get better about getting that code! Now to see about getting into the LA 8 meet today. A lot more students showed up today and I gave a quick blurb on the Audio Book Sync. I hope they take advantage of that. I feel a bit out of touch today. Just like I work and do what makes sense to me, but no one else cares? (though I know staff would jump in and say they do!!) Tried to jump into two meetings today, but my microphone wouldn't work. I was just mute! I tried to restart my computer and then joined in a different way, still nothing. Then I totally turned it of and joined in a completely different way and voila! There it was once the meeting was almost over! Ugh. I did get into Mr. A's class though, and that one worked in Google Meets and I could talk, and I could hear on Team, but no one could hear me. I will have some books for students tomorrow at the 10am meet. I thought we would have a Media Assistant meeting, but I didn't hear or see anything and the meet room was empty but for me. I did get in the bond meeting and I love that my idea about converting the old computer lab into a new room was taken. I'll be excited to see how that works out! Drats! Should have taken a screen shot of how that will look! But I do have my drawings, so it'll be close to those. More or less! Not to scale! I was a bit sad that when the old computer lab was shown to be the new AVID room and other space, that no one said it was me that came up with reusing that space. Just how the day went I guess. Thank goodness April is over. Worst April ever for me personally. 

No comments: