The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Every Day

I sent this out this morning to our Principal and Assistant Principal:
I've been noticing, thinking about these optional staff meetings. It is a wonder to me how many of us attend. Every meeting. Every day. It shows our community. Our hearts for our students. Our hearts for each other. A place to gather, just a virtual hands up that says 'I'm here, I care, I'll be here.' It is truly a wondrous thing and I'm taking a moment to share this profound way in which we gather as community, even in the midst of disarray, to show up, to be the support for our students and each other, every day. Like the signs I still see say, 24J Every day. We will be here every day.
I then trolled through a couple of emails, pulled up my Teams, now heading into classrooms to see what's been going on. I love that Ms. N has my book talk videos in her assignment stream. I have four synchronous meets I'm a part of, and the first one starts in just a couple of hours! I'm a bit tentative, and we'll see how that goes! I have one on Mondays, two on Thursdays and one on Fridays. I just added them all into my Outlook Calendar and they will go until June 10th, our official end of school. Just did my first meet, it went ok. Did some navigating around, talked and chatted with students. It turned out well. Now to get ready for my Book Buzz webinar! A lot of the books were too old for our students, 9th grade and up, but there were some that looked appropriate, but I'll have to look them up! Luckily I write down titles and authors so I can check on Follett. Two pages worth! Then our staff meeting and our principal read out what I wrote! That was so nice! Then one of the LMA's had a link for a book talk but couldn't get on. So I followed her link and just clicked on the big orange banner with two books and the vimeo came on about them! They will definitely be on one of my lists!  Now I'm hoping to find my 1pm Google Classroom Meet. It was definitely quieter than the morning one! But I observed and watched the chat, only one student mentioned anything, but all was well. When the students get comfortable, I hope they come out more!

No comments: