The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The Little Prince


I can’t find him. If he’s in an ebook, it has a wait list. I’ve gone through at least half of the online books and it’s not there. Drats. I finally signed up to go into work and pick up a copy. The 7th grade LA classes are working on what it’s like to live on another planet, and this is such a classic. *Computer Freeze! Lost all else - took a pic on my phone though!* Finished the Poison Eaters, it was actually really good. I was impressed. That'll have to be a book talk next week. I have ideas on how to illustrate some of the old practices of unsafe food additives. Bwahaha! Had a teacher request for online access to our History Alive books and I poked around a bit last night, but this morning I found TCI has a Covid support request that goes through June 20th and that would be a great thing. Mr. P has already submitted a request, like 30 seconds after I sent that information. I really hope he doesn't have to scan pages from him textbook anymore. I have a Classified meeting at 10, then to run over to the school and pick up The Little Prince and Last Day on Mars. While I wait, I pick up my next read, Cog by Greg Van Eekhout. So, there was no meeting. So I read until it was time to go to the school. Mrs. M was there and asked if she could come with me to the library so we could talk about using the old computer lab not for science, but for the AVID room. Science would take over their old one for their prep, so, since I offered, they are going to do that. We still will have a bit of that space by the 921's for a dedicated 'reading nook'. I like it. Then we had our staff meeting. I brought up that in my book club last night, several of the high school folks also commented that students are not engaging, getting work done and that they still need a grade. It seemed like everyone heard the senior note of: if seniors were good with their classes, you don't need to do anything else. I think they just erased the 'senior' part and went with the 'I feel good about my classes, so I don't need to do anything else.' I think grades come out today, so we'll see how it goes! I watched The Little Prince. Just on a chance, I opened up the TV and said "The Little Prince" and there was an animated movie in 2016 on Netflix! It was so good. Made me cry. Look it up! Watch it! Got Out of the Silent Planet for a description of another world for 7th grade and found the pieces I was looking for!

No comments: